Night Shift: 10:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. w/on-call rotation
Accurately performs laboratory procedures on all whole blood and blood products and other samples s requested to ensure their quality and safety.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility competently. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum levels of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Combined education and experience which leads to working knowledge of medical laboratory equipment, procedures, and techniques.
- Equivalent to the attainment of ASCP Medical Technologist registration or a Medical Laboratory Technician designation from an accredited institution with 1 -2 years additional work experience in a medical laboratory.
- Working knowledge of computer terminal access and file storage procedures.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, particularly epidemiological terminologies.
CERTIFICTIONS, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or Medical Technologist (MT or MLS) ASCP Certified preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret medical technological, testing, equipment, and QC procedures.
- Ability to read and record, or enter files and read, test results. Ability to read and interpret product orders.
ANALYTICAL AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to solve basic work flow and procedural problems, understand laboratory test procedures and standards, determine test findings, and either release or quarantine a product.
Ability to monitor and evaluate qualitative medical tests using moderate to highly complex laboratory equipment and instruments. Ability to use basic data collection techniques.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position successfully. Requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities.
While performing the duties of this position, the majority of the time is spent standing. Weights of up to 50 pounds are lifted each day. Kneeling, bending and stooping are also required in the position. The employee is regularly required to walk, and reach with the hands and arms. The hands are regularly used to handle, write or type, and finger or feel small controls, pipettes, and objects. The employee frequently must talk, and listen or hear.
Minimal travel is required.
Blood Bank of Delmarva is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or physical handicap.
To apply for this position, please email your resume (preferably MS Word format) to Debbie Fincher, firstname.lastname@example.org