Who We Are
Blood Bank of Delmarva is a non-profit community service organization that provides blood and blood products to 19 hospitals on the Delmarva Peninsula. More than 79,000 blood donations are needed in this area each year for about 20,000 patients across the Delmarva Peninsula. Blood Bank of Delmarva merged with New York Blood Center in August 2019.
Blood Bank of Delmarva is a member of America’s Blood Centers.
Blood Bank of Delmarva’s mission is to serve our community by meeting the needs of patients, hospitals, and members for safe, high quality blood products and related services.
We at the Blood Bank of Delmarva achieve our “Why” – Inspiring Heroes, Infusing Hope, and our “How” – Acting as the Stewards of Donor Intent by living a culture that focuses on the following core values:
- We exist to serve others with compassion and professionalism and to make a positive impact in our community.
- We recognize that communication is central to all we do each and every day.
- We break down walls and work together to reach our goals.
- We celebrate and show appreciation for each other’s contributions.
- We seek out ways to support one another.
- We are motivated to act without hesitation when something needs to be done.
- We are proactive rather than reactive.
- We take ownership of our mistakes and work to correct them quickly.
- We follow through on commitments made.
- We treat others the way we want to be treated.
- We have compassion in all interactions.
- We appreciate all individual differences without judgment.
- We are honest, transparent and trustworthy.
- We do what is right even when no one is watching.
- We lead by example, always demonstrating the behaviors we want to see in others.
- We adapt to change and take action based on facts.
- We constantly learn, develop our knowledge and skills and look for ways to improve.
- We take pride in all we do and uphold the highest standards of safety and excellence.
2,100+ businesses and organizations
1.5 million people in Delaware; Cecil County, Maryland; and on Maryland and Virginia’s Eastern Shore
Chadds Ford, PA
More than 30 convenient mobile donor sites located throughout Delmarva. Please call 1-888-8-BLOOD-8 for an appointment or make an appointment online.
High Schools and Colleges
67 high schools and 13 colleges conduct school blood drives. A total of 5,324 whole blood and ALYX donations were collected at 122 school blood drives in the past year..
180 Full and Part Time/75
2017 Calendar Year Statistics
More than 59,000 blood, platelet, and plasma donations were collected.
We currently serve 19 facilities in the Delmarva region.