Thank you for your passion and interest in helping people and saving lives by volunteering at the Blood Bank of Delmarva (BBD)! As a BBD volunteer your invaluable contribution will make a lifelong impact in your local community. By giving of your time BBD can better recruit donors; collect the lifesaving blood; follow regulations; and process, test, and distribute lifesaving components to the many hospitals throughout the Delmarva area.
You will be helping save the life of your mother, father, daughter, son, grandmother/father, niece/nephew, spouse/partner, friend, or acquaintance who may have cancer, a blood disease/disorder, trauma, burns, or other medical condition.
- Fill out the online application:
- You will read and accept the volunteer handbook as part of the application.
- Upon submitting the application, you will immediately receive an automatic email with more instructions. Check your junk folder if you don’t see it right away.
- You will meet in person or chat on the phone with the Volunteer Relations Staff to find the best fit role for you.
- Complete General Orientation
- Get Started! Depending on the role, you may:
- Be able to sign up right away (special events, no to little training)
- Be able to express interest in a role for shadowing/learning
- Need to observe, and have more extensive training for a particular role
The Volunteer Engagement at BBD is growing and expanding!
**Check back monthly to see our progress and the added opportunities that will be available.
- Administrative Guru
- Blood Center Lead Volunteer
- Donor Retention Specialist
- Donor Reminding Caller
- Donor Care (Canteen)
- Mobile Unit set up/tear down/registration
- First Aid Kit Checker
If you are interested in volunteering, please apply here.