Thank you for your passion and interest in volunteering at the Blood Bank of Delmarva (BBD)! By investing your time you help BBD recruit, educate and assist blood donors to roll up their sleeves to give life, and ensure we have enough blood on the shelves to support the many hospitals we work with throughout the Delmarva area.
ONBOARDING PROCESS AND TRAINING
- Fill out the online application
- Upon submitting the application, a confirmation email with further instructions is immediately sent to your email. Check your junk folder.
- NOTE: BBD has limited roles for those under 18 years old and short-term volunteer opportunities (20 hours or less for a service requirement per year). Please call prior to completing the online application form, 302.737.8405 ext. 819, to confirm available teen and limited hour roles.
- Volunteers are required to provide proof of Covid vaccine.
- Set up appointment online to talk in person, on phone, or online Teams call with the Volunteer Relations Staff to find the best fit for you.
- Depending on the role, you may:
- be able to sign up right away
- be able to express interest in a role for shadowing/learning
- need to observe, and have more extensive training for a particular role
Examples of some volunteer opportunities:
- Monitor Donors and Serve Refreshments Post-donation
- Office Administrative Tasks (May include mailings, computer work, data input, etc.)
- Facilities Handy Person Small Projects/Tasks
- Ambassador at Community Events
- Fundraising and Philanthropy
- Video Taking and Editing
- Phone Calls
- Mascot and Mascot Assistance
- Let us know your skills and talents you’d like to share!
If you are interested in volunteering, please apply here.