Hours: 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm Monday – Friday
On-Call rotation every 5 weeks including the weekend
This position is responsible for inventory management and blood product transport and delivery
Required Education and Experience
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to the attainment of a high school diploma and 2 – 3 years of experience with material handling in a shipping and receiving area or distribution center.
- Working knowledge of blood product packing and storage requirements with a basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and spill cleanup procedures.
- Working knowledge of the area, Delaware and the Eastern Shore of Maryland, its highways and locations of user organizations. Basic knowledge of the consignment and returned product system.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Product-related knowledge and experience.
- Ability to select routes, starting times, appropriate containers, and units by expiration dates.
- Ability to read, understand and speak well enough to communicate in person and by cell phone with Blood Bank personnel and customers.
- Ability to read traffic signs, warning labels, and computer screens.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Must have a valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record and defensive driving certificate is a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel is a requirement of this job.
Blood Bank of Delmarva is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or physical handicap.
To apply for this position, please email your resume (preferably MS Word format) to Debbie Fincher, firstname.lastname@example.org